Saturday, February 9, 2008

Finished Baby Sweater

Remember the baby sweater from the January 3rd post? Well, today it is completely finished. I have it blocking right now. And tomorrow I hope to present it to the intended baby and her mom.


I found this cute clasp at JoAnn's. I had to make trips to two different craft/sewing places, but I think it works very well on this sweater. And I know her parents will like it as it is in keeping with their style. I also bought another clasp to keep in the stash for another project. Who knows when it might come in handy and I don't want to be driving all over town looking for something similar to this one, especially in the middle of the night when I always seem to need something.

My socks from last Saturday's class are coming along nicely. I have the cuff joined on the right sock and only one more picot to finish on the left cuff. The socks are working nicely for my Nascar tv watching knitting. I went to the LYS today, to get help with how to join the cuff, and while there one other lady from the class was there also. Her sock is coming out h-u-g-h, so we were talking about if the socks would fit or not. The pattern says distinctly that you don't have to worry about gauge, but we really began to wonder. I measured 11" around my calf when I started the sock. My sock is now, not stretched at all, at about 8 1/2", but it has more stitches than I normally use for a sock cuff. I usually use 48 stitches on size 0 needles and I have 60 stitches on the sock now. I am hoping the socks will not be too big. The last time I did socks with 60 stitches, they ended up going to E and they fit him just fine.

Well, back to sock knitting and finishing the second baby sweater of the year. There is still some time left in the night, you know.

Happy knitting & spinning.

ETA: Sorry the link doesn't work. Don't know what I did wrong.

No comments: