Monday, February 11, 2008

Second Baby Sweater Finished

Remember, I said I had two baby sweaters done? Well, here is the second one. The pattern is from the Creative Knitting magazine, January 2008 issue. The pattern is on page 46, titled "Crimson Cutie". I used Plymouth Encore Colorspun in color #7512. The sweater took a skein and three-quarters. So I have plenty of yarn left to do another project. I had bought three skeins to work a baby sweater for Kendra, but I didn't have a pattern in mind, until I saw this one.

I had never done a picot hem before this. I thought it would be a lot harder, but it wasn't. I don't know if I would do it on every baby sweater, but I do like it on this one. Sorry the pictures are so dark. By the time I got around to blocking this it was later than I wanted and the light had changed. Plus, I think C moved my light, because he was sleeping by the heater last night and the light is near the heater.

I couldn't get the hood to look just right, so I have it folded over in this picture. At least you can tell it is a hood! I like the lacy look around the yoke. I have done this before on baby sweaters from a pattern link I got from Florence a few years ago. It always amazes me at how pretty it looks and how easy it is to do.

I have another project started, besides the socks. I didn't work on them at all yesterday, because I was working on the new project. I will get back to them this evening after work, I think. The new project is almost finished so the socks will be priority this week.

All the projects are piling up on ES's side of the bed. (There are really only two projects now, but there are also magazines and the left overs from the two baby sweaters that I completed this weekend.) I have to get everything either completed or moved, because he will be home for the weekend this Friday. Am I ever excited to have him here for a couple of days.

Happy knitting & spinning.

No comments: