Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Kids say "Bring on the Snow"

Yesterday morning, we awakened to more snow. It snowed between 6-8 inches during the night. The kids kept saying that school should have been canceled, but it wasn't. It is canceled for today, mainly because the wind which has come up and has made it hard for the school buses to get around the drifts. The weather also says we may get some more snow today too. Now the kids will have to get some stuff done around the house. There is always dishes to do.

I am s-o-o glad that we bought that snowblower a couple of years ago. Last year we didn't use it once, but this year has made up for that. The kids and I have used it at least three times this week alone. I am not in any kind of shape to be using the snowblower, my arms are telling me they are not in any kind of shape at all (I guess knitting doesn't count as exercise for running a snowblower). They hurt for a while when I get done using that machine.


On the knitting front, I have the right cuff almost done. I have half a picot to do and then join for the foot and switch to working in the round. I still have most of the left cuff to knit, so that will be my portable project for the next couple of days.

I am still working on the baby sweater, but have lost some interest in it. I think I just need to sit down with it, with nothing else around, and finish it off. It doesn't have that much left to do, but I am more interested in starting something than finishing a project.

Happy knitting & spinning.

No comments: