I thought I had taken some pictures for the blog. But all I took were pictures of the silk challenge. I think I like how my dye turned out. I'll know for sure when I start spinning it. I will show all the pictures of the silk challenge about the middle of May.
The skein of Moab Desert ending up being 561 yards. Including the first skein, I now have over 700 yards for my project. And I still have 4 ozs. to spin! If I could get another 500 yards, I might have enough for a small pi shawl.
This morning as I was heading to work, I set my knitting down and then promptly leaned on it with my palm. Yep, you guessed it! I broke a bamboo needle. No not just one! I broke all five of them. I couldn't believe that happened. I had to go at lunch time and buy another set of size 0 bamboo needles to finish my toe up Railroad Rib socks. I didn't lose any stitches which was very good, because then I would have had to rip the toe out and start again. And I don't know if I could have done that today, or tomorrow, or the next day. I have never broken a needle before, let alone five at one time. I have bent a few in my knitting experiences though.
Happy knitting & spinning.